06. 09. 2023 - 08. 09. 2023
Institut für Klinisch-Funktionelle Anatomie
Name: Sylvia Reischl
This hands-on course is highly interactive with its´ focus on group and panel discussions and on transferring the methods taught into
the anatomical lab, practicing it right there and then. This allows participants to gain knowledge in different surgical strategies, in
identifying potential complications and in defining appropriate surgical procedures for articular distal radius fractures as well as for the treatment of hand injuries. A team of expert faculty will teach the lectures and moderate the group and panel discussions. To enhance the learning experience they will lead and coach through the extensive practical exercises in the anatomical lab.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Define treatment strategies for articular distal radius fractures
• Execute appropriate patient selection for operative treatment in elderly patients
• Identify potential complications in the treatment of distal radius fractures and define strategies to avoid them
• Define procedures for treatment of carpal as well as metacarpal and phalangeal injuries
• Identify potential complications in the treatment of injuries of the hand and define strategies to avoid them
• Recognize complications and execute surgical procedures for salvage.