08. 09. 2019 - 12. 09. 2019
Tirol Kliniken, Chirurgiegebäude, 1. Stock, kleiner Hörsaal
Name: Mag (FH) Sylvia Reischl
Tel: +43 664 925 3869
The AOTrauma Course—Approaches and Osteosynthesis with Anatomical Specimens is targeted at certified orthopaedic and trauma surgeons with basic knowledge and skills in operative fracture treatment who wish to broaden this knowledge and who wish to practice surgical approaches for a better comprehension. The course is also open to residents and surgical trainees who participated in the AOTrauma Introductory Course.
The topics will cover different surgical approaches to the upper extremities and lower extremities, including shoulder and hip.
They will be taught in short lectures and videos followed by practical exercises on artificial bones, muscles specimens and anatomical specimens. During the exercises key steps are
projected on the monitors.
Each work station is limited to two participants.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
• make decisions as to the optimal treatment modality according to the AO Principles
• have learned about the latest developments in research and clinical investigation
• be acquainted with new techniques and technologies as well as alternative approaches in fracture treatment
• have improved the manual skills by practicing on different bone models and human specimens
• to understand the evolution of AO Philosophy and Education – what is new and what is still valid as well as the rationale behind any changes